View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geekmaster: Won't help, the (main) rootfs is wiped during the 5.3.0 update.

(Unless my memory's shaky and you can use it on a vanilla device, without ENABLE_DIAGS support?)

EDIT: Well, one convoluted way to update to 5.3.0 for devs would be to boot to diags, flash the rootfs & kernel from the unpacked update, and manually reapply the jailbreak/usbnet on main. The entry point is plugged, but AFAICT, if we manage to put the stuff back in, most of the simple things should still work. If you mess up, you potentially only get one shot, though, ;D.
Damn! I keep FORGETTING that we do not have USB Downloader mode (so no MfgTool or imx_usb_loader).

I was relying on USB networking to us the idme command to change to diags.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote