View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #613
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It'll be chilly here tonight.

We replaced all the windows and exterior doors a few years ago. goodbye contractor grade with aluminum frames, hello fiberglass (no maintenance plus best insulation abilities). had to argue with installer to get them completely foamed in (not common in "the south", but hey, it CAN get to -24F .. yes, that's negative, not above zero). It's probably 30 or so at night, now, but if sunny can warm up during the day, if we catch a warm gust from the gulf.

Ours turns on aux heat as needed, but it's not often needed. Between new windows/doors and extra insulation I added (including reflective layer for summer), we stay pretty warm. It helps that it is also a relatively new and large Trane 2-zone system, which I put in when running a software company here (maybe 10 years ago? no, more than that, now, I guess). Our old system was about like yours and was on aux heat all the time. We could easily hit $500/month then and stay at $150 now all year. More money to waste on books ... and tablets ....
Our is suppose to but it seldom does. We had a freon leak this summer and they added 3lbs more I am starting to think it may need more here shortly. We've lived here close to 7 years now and no one has maintenance the furnace or the unit outside. I suspect it needs replaced. Tonight it's 25F out but it seems to be working okay. 68F in here. I got the door taped and the bottom covered with a heavy towel. Our bill runs anywhere from $60 to $150 in the winter I would say $115 is the average. It's all electric.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote