View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Tekknogenius--thanks for the reality-check!

Ivanjt--Yes, that's right; the Edge full-size IS limited. I don't expect and didn't buy the PE to make movies or replace a more complex system. I'd just be happy to understand how little old Coolreader can open up an .epub or .pdf (or whatever file-type Coolreader opens). Obsessed got me on the right track by telling me I had originally downloaded an .EXE file. Even when I downloaded the .APK, however, I open (or rather opened--I deleted Coolreader) the program and would get the black android list of...things.

So, see, if I don't even know what the black android lists of...things are, I can't do even the things that you are doing.

I am though always grateful for the responses. I'm sure there's a learning curve that has to be mastered, and I'll just have to spend time on it. In the meanwhile, however, if you or anyone can recommend reader-software for the tablet side of the PE--other than Coolreader--I'd appreciate that.

All the very considerate responses have clarified at least one thing, an unusual thing at that. Frequently here in the U.S., after purchasing something online or chatting online with a customer service rep, a survey will be sent to you asking if the rep "Set your expectations." I have never understood that phrase. This thread on the forum, however, has made me understand what "Set one's expectations" means.

Bonsoir and good-night, everyone, and thanks.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote