View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #11
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks Toxaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Linux is not that hard nowadays. In the past you need to really know your Linux/Unix to find your way. With the current distributions there is almost no need to leave the GUI and go into command line. Also in Windows I regularly use command line programs for some fast actions.
In that respect Linux has come a long, long way. The case sensitive part always annoyed me a bit, since it does not really has a purpose in my view (although I am certain others strongly disagree...). I always keep the filenames simple and most of the times I rename stuff in Sigil anyway and then I know it is done correctly.
Thanks Toxaris. I am not going to be doing anything earth-shattering in Linux anyway. Most of the stuff I need is already loaded (the word processor program--I forget the name of it and I'm not on that computer--that will make a .doc document) or in the Ubuntu Software Center. It will just be the odd thing here or there that I'll need that won't be in the Center that I'll have to learn a bit, but I'm sure after a while even that will be easy. I'll be careful with the case sensitive aspect of the file names and keep in mind your suggestion of renaming stuff in Sigil. Appreciate it!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote