View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Salut NiLuJe

I realize that you're probably busy, because you haven't been here in a while...

Anyway, here's the periodic new problem: A new Kindle Paperwhite, with a new serial number. See this post and the 3 or 4 follow-ups...

So, my suggestion is the following: do you think that it makes sense to add a new option which would allow to directly provide a raw serial number (prefix), in addition to the symbolic names... ?

... for example like this:
Code:
kindletool create ota2 -d pw -d pwg -d xB020 files/ update_mystuff.bin
I feel almost ashamed to ask this, but I never really managed to compile kindletool on my own - so I'm relying on your work...

Anyway, as said, I think that providing such an option would also be beneficial in the long run, because it wouldn't require kindletool to always support all the latest devices.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-22-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: fixed link
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote