View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #72
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I don't know if she ever sat down with a Mac long enough to get a feel for Mac OS X. She does have experience with Windows already. The problem is that it takes people a while to get a good feel for a different OS that they're new to. Trying Mac OS X for an hour at an Apple Store is not the same as working with Mac OS X over time. That applies to any unfamiliar operating system. So the decision to "risk it" at first has to be based on reputation, advertising, or word of mouth.
All of this talk about OS differences reminds me of my decisions on this. As far as I am concerned it is the applications that I am interested in not the OS. The OS is just a way to run applications. For this reason I use a iPad but my main computer runs Windows. For my use there are many more applications that I want that only run on that platform.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote