View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #62
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
EPUB - What a difference a year makes (18 min video)

A presentation from BookNet Canada Technology Forum, Toronto, March 2009.

Michael Smith's presentation on EPUB ~ What a difference a year makes ~ Adoption of a Digital Standard

Mr. Smith needs a bit more practise doing presentations, but some interesting stats and graphics shown. I was almost expecting to see Calibre mentioned in one of his charts regarding conversion, but alas, no. (Mr Smith is executive director of the International Digital Publishing Forum - I'm not sure if he is connected to Hachette or not.)

18 minute video presentation: http://blip.tv/play/AfyRNZWAGA

(*Note - this was posted as an afterthought in another article in the "News and Commentary" forum titled 6 Projects That Could Change Publishing For the Better, but I thought it might get lost so I've reposted the link to the EPUB presentation again in this thread.)

Other presentations on publishing (both eBook and pBook) at the BookNet Canada Technology Forum 2009 are at this link.

http://www.booknetcanada.com/mambo/i...374&Itemid=276

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-13-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote