Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #496
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
What I wanted to achieve is a way to apply those fonts when font-variant: small-caps is invoked in the CSS file.

But it seems there is no way to do that. I will have to manually edit every ePub file that contains small caps.
The difficulty is not knowing what css class selector name will be used for smallcaps in your many and varied epubs. I think the best you would be able to do is to add something like the following to your default.css file
Code:
.smallcaps, .smallcaps1, .smallcaps2, .small-caps, .sc, .fsc, .smallCaps, .Smallcaps, .SmallCaps {
    font-family: serifsc, serif;
    font-variant: normal;
    }
where the red bit is a list of the class names you think might have been used. You will catch some that way, but it's obviously guesswork