View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #64
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You mean the navigation bar? If you didn't have that there would be no way to get out of an app. Many tablets are like that. Now if you go full screen on some apps that will hide it till you tap.
When you watch Amazon videos or read a Kindle book, the grey bar is gone until you touch the screen.

Run any other app-- Netflix, another reader, even the Gallery app for watching your side-loaded videos--and the grey bar never goes away.
No other app, apparently, can make the bar go away in full screen mode. Only the built in Amazon video viewer, and the Kindle App.
Apparently Amazon wants to make content you buy from them a little more attractive.
I find this evil, in an Apple or M$ish sort of way.
I find the grey bar terribly distracting.

P.S, and back closer to topic: In File Expert, once you tell it to always use a certain app to open files, how do you change your mind? I can't find a away to make it ask me to pick a different app.

[EDIT: A Netflix app update yesterday, 2/9, eliminated the grey bar! Nice! Now we know it's possible, I hope other apps will benefit from it soon too.]

Last edited by ApK; 02-10-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Noted new Netflix app removed grey bar.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote