View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved post to its own thread. Please don't hijack threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noimporta View Post
I have two full calibre libraries that I would like to merge.

Can I just copy the dirs from one into another? since the dirs have the cover and metadata file inside already or will it crash first's calibre database?
No, you can't just copy the folders into one another. That will overwrite the database belonging to one of the libraries with the one belonging to the other, resulting in Calibre only knowing the books from one of the two libraries. The other books will be orphaned in the library directory.
The proper way to do this is to copy the books to the library using Calibre's own copy mechanism: Open the library you don't want to keep, select all the books and right-click. There should then be an option to copy the books. Once the copy is done, you can open the other library, check if all books are there, and delete the library you don't want to keep.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote