View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #194
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
that's what the antenna is for. Unless of course you like to watch out of area teams or more "obscure" sports than the networks cover.

I think you can get MLB Live on Roku. Also, I think there are talks in the works to get NFL Season ticket for Roku too.

We are really on the bleeding edge of IP TV.
Hmmm... he does have MLB and although it was the same price to do it through cable, he wanted to try it via the Samsung & LG apps on the TV. It's not as flawless. It does pixelate once in a while, but it's not a deal breaker.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards returning it. For me, I'm going by future purchases. I called Comcast to cancel next month and they offered us a promotional price for 6 mos., so we'll keep cable tv for at least that long. The other reason is that I'm planning on replacing the tv in the kitchen with an internet ready TV, when I find one that's under 26" that I like. The TV in the bedroom barely gets used, so it's low on the priority list. It only makes sense for me to keep the Roku if the the TV's weren't on WiFi, or if it had such great content, that I couldn't resist. For now, I'd rather have the $100 go towards a TV with everything built in. Who knows? Maybe Roku will partner up and build itself right into a Toshiba or something.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote