View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
My trick was take a piece of Scotch tape and slide it into the slot, sticky side facing the SmartMedia card. Apply a little pressure, pull gently...and with any luck, the card will pull out.

After I pulled the card out, I made a "permanent" Scotch tape "tab" on the SmartMedia card. I applied a short piece of tape to one side, folded it over, and stuck the other end on the reverse side of the card. Then I repeated - because a single layer of tape really was too thin and it broke too easily.
that's a good idea. i've got one card which comes out easily, the other is a real ordeal.

some important advice kdelany, when you remove / insert the card,
BE VERY CAREFUL THE EB1150 IS TURNED OFF !!!!

ideally, you should turn it off, remove the card, turn it back on and off again, and be certain it is off before re-inserting the card.

apparently, the eb1150 is VERY sensitive when it comes to the memory card and i hear you can easily brick the card and / or the device (!!!) if you don't do it properly (thus the warning).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote