View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to disagree. The more Amazon makes exclusive deals, the better off we are NOT purchasing such. It's bad for eBooks to have any eBooks be exclusive to any one format. And if we allow this to continue, you'll have Amazon thinking it's ok. It's not ok. It's bad. And has to be stopped. If you want to help eBooks, do not purchase any eBooks from Amazon that are not also available elsewhere in other formats. of course, not purchasing a Kindle would help as well.
We don't know that it's an exclusive deal. The first 2 books on Dave Berk's list are from Tor and will probably be available through their new site or the deal they have with Baen in the future.

The last book is from a publisher names ACE. i don't know enough about them to comment.

As much as I agree that ebooks should be open to everyone I will not stop purchasing books from Amazon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote