View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I saw one today in Best Buy finally, screen lighting was very uneven. Could see different colors on the screen, also did not like the shadows on the bottom. The uneven lighting makes it a no go for me, my eyes are fussy about that.

On the plus side, loved the feel of the screen, and the color temperature of the light is much better and whiter than the lighted Nook, which is quite blue. Contrast and crispness of text, very nice.

Would miss page turning buttons though, I read one-handed a lot and I don't like to tap to turn pages, causes pain after a while.

Will stick with my Sony readers, with the lighted covers, light is not a problem, nor one-handed reading. Further, dictionary access seemed quite slow on the Paperwhite. I was surprised by that!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote