View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
The silver chipped off the buttons the first week.

I'll back up everything on the reader and try a hard reset tomorrow. The buttons are starting to respond, a little at a time, so I'm cautiously optimistic....

EDIT:
To clarify, the buttons needed for a hard reset are the most unreliable ones, but I'll try it anyway.
Doh, that makes sense - didn't realize you are missing the buttons you need.

One option might be trying to install PRS+ and reprogramming the buttons. It's a long shot, but you never know... It take 5-10 min to install it.

Of course, UNINSTALLING PRS+ might also be advisable, in case you have it installed.

The silver chipped off my buttons first days as well. The gray strip ABOVE the buttons survived a bit longer, but most of it is gone now. I was hoping the DecalGirl skin would cover it (as it does on the 350), but no, the skin for the 950 does not...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote