View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #1776
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
When I was younger, I couldn't work with music on. And I still can't when I'm writing a script. But when I'm writing content in a chapter or article, I put the headphones on and write. Of course, by the time I'm writing, the thinking is pretty much done, and it's all about conveying that information to my readers. The music best for that seems to vary over time, but is currently West Coast Cool Jazz.
That's pretty much the way it is for me. If I'm having to do a programming task that requires either creativity or intense focus, I can't listen to music, podcast or audiobooks. It's best to be somewhere quiet, but when I'm at the office, I use either nature sounds (Naturespace is really good) or a white noise generator. Past that it depends on mood and what I'm doing. I mostly listen to audiobooks when I'm in the car, though I sometimes do at work when I'm doing repetitive tasks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote