View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
T M
I do no work in Word. My solution is to work on the block. For most part a block is what is inside a P,H# or DIV tag pair.

Margin is the thickness of the Mortar between the blocks, and can be controlled for each side.

Being a visual thinker, I like the picture found and described in Section 8 http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/box.html

Since the Body contains a stack of many block, each with their Mortar, before the Body tag can close, the last layer of Mortar hast to apply. If this is the Margin-Bottom, it may be the only thing on the screen (at the readers current Zoom setting). That is why I avoid using margin-bottom for most paragraphs. YMMV

Back to your scene break problem: many devices ignore extra 'non-printing' white space.
to trick it into accepting multiple blank lines, the use of a Non-breaking space is use (
Code:
The HTML entity  
) on each of those lines

I prefer to work on the code. So I create 1 or more styles for scene breaks. Now I can change my mind on how much white space to allow for each class.
IMHO working with the code is so much easier that trying to make a a Word Processor generate workable (and cleanish) HTML
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote