View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
"support my 'local' Borders bookstore" -- indeed their very entry into my local area drove a wonderful small and truly local bookstore out of business. And there's nothing "local" about Border's except the location -- the profit goes out of town and stays there. Most of their employees are part-timers so the corporation doesn't have to pay benefits for part-timers.

There's a big sign on the Sony Reader display at the Border's in my town which stipulates that electronics can not be returned for any reason other than defective product, and then they will swap it for a new item, not give money back.

Others on this forum have said the same about their local Border's and I've seen in their printed flyers and coupons (which, most of the time can't be applied to the Sony Reader), so I'm sure it's a corporate thing, not a local Border's thing.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote