View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Thanks for your advice. I did the factory reset several times, so it doesn't seem likely to be the download. Would manually downloading the firmware void the warranty?

I can't even turn it off and on without having to do a pinhole reset. If I start reading and set it down long enough to go get a drink from the kitchen, I have to reset it when I get back. I've tried an all-wireless setup, all-desktop setup, syncing on the computer after wireless setup and vice versa... Nothing gives me a stable environment.

So I'm going to exchange it tomorrow and, if the store has wi-fi, set up the new one while in the store to make sure it works. I love the device itself - the page turns are much faster and less "blinky" than on my Sony PRS-T1, and the light is very even and not as harsh as I expected. It's definitely worth another try IMO.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote