View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #33
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I doubt I was ever going to get a DX, but the iPad definitely has made me want a tablet of some kind, and killed any interest I have in a large screen e-ink device. Though the iPad has a few things missing that keep me from buying it at launch vs. waiting and seeing what other's put out and what they tweak in the 2nd generation iPads etc.

Anyway, for a big screen device, I'd much rather have something I could do full internet, movies, games, magazines in color, comics in color, newspaper etc. rather than something that's soley a reader.

I wouldn't read often/long enough at one time on it to care about the benefits of e-ink in terms of eye strain and battery life. And also a lot of reading would be academic related where I need to be able to highlight and jot notes, and more importantly to be able to flip through quickly, and e-ink just isn't good for that kind of reading.

I'd keep my Kindle for novel reading though. Not sure if I'd replace it if it broke--would probably try reading on whatever tablet I had at the time for a while and see if I missed the Kindle for novel reading in bed etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote