View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcover View Post
I'm in the process of trying to set up Moon+ Reader so as to minimize eye strain and was wondering what settings/themes you've found to work well.
First trying to read for any length of time on a monitor absolutely played havoc with my eyes. Ever since I had Lasik and hit my late forties my eyes have been very sensitive to back lit screens.

I experimented with a few of the themes first trying some dark backgrounds with various levels of blue or gray font colors, but I finally settled on using the Nature theme (I was surprised that this theme worked best for me) with the Shadow option checked and fonts that were scaled large enough for comfortable viewing. I also dropped the brightness down to 1%, but now that Moon+Reader allows levels below the minimum I usually read with the Nexus set to -12%.

Additionally this isn't for reading in the dark (although I can do that, but drop the brightness further) I usually have a light on behind me or to the side that helps adjust my pupils and minimize any eye strain.

Good luck in finding something that works for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21 22.35.07.png
Views:	960
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	99858   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21 22.36.06.png
Views:	912
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	99859   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21 22.10.58.png
Views:	903
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	99861   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21 22.04.52.png
Views:	911
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	99862  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote