View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #15113
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just finished The Chimes by Charles Dickens. I have to say I didn't enjoy it that much. For me, the language was a bit tedious and the story too much like A Christmas Carol in flavour.

Although I could get the gist a bit, I really struggled with some sections, and at times I might as well have been reading the dictionary for the comprehension/enjoyment I experienced. In fact, I probably could have got the same level of comprehension reading it in German.

Oh well - that's over.

Now I'm reading an indie book from our own Lindsay Buroker. This one is called Dark Currents and is the second in the Emperor's Edge steampunk fantasy series. The first one I described as 'the A-Team of steam'. I'm guessing this one will build on that image.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote