View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
gabriel.istrate
gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Hanlin V90 on sale in Europe (and some questions)

Hello all,

I am a scientist looking for the (elusive) 9.7 ereader with good annotation capabilities. I have long waited for a good such product, refraining to buy one in the hope that a good product might appear on the market soon.

First the news: Another 9.7 reader, the Hanlin V90 seems to be on sale in Europe, for some reason in the Czech Republic, e.g. at

http://www.digiknihy.cz/jinke-hanlin...z-cpu-skladem/

(use google Chrome if you don't read Czech, I don't; there are other Czech stores that list it).

I haven't seen it in person. The user manual is available at

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...uct_Manual.pdf

My impression (from comparing the manual to that of V60) is that the software might be very similar to that of V60.

There is a posting from Vladimir Levchenko on the-ebook.org forum (here, in russian) that seems to suggest (at least that's what google translate says ) that it's a fast device. He also posted a video that seems to support this.

Now the questions: since I have no significant experience with any ereader (having played just a little with Kindle 3 and Boox M90) how good are generally Hanlin products w.r.t. hardware/software ? In particular V60 ?

Is there any way to make simple highlights/annotations of pdf documents in Hanlin V60 ? I am not looking for freehand exportable annotations, just something like what you would be able to do in Adobe Digital Editions PC version or Kindle for PC. I am trying to figure out if there is any likelihood of getting that capability soon in the V90.

Best,
Gabi

Disclaimer: I have no connections with either Hanlin or its resellers.
gabriel.istrate is offline   Reply With Quote