View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Well this one finally hit me this afternoon too. Instead of syncing, since I sideload all my books, is there maybe one file or even a few that you can delete from the device to force it to rebuild the database?

I sideloaded about 60 books today, they transferred fine. But when I restarted the Glo, it didn't show the new books. Turned the Glo fully off and back on, and still no new books. Reconnected it to the PC, and the books are all there. Tried to add another 2 books only, they transferred fine. Tried to add a few more, and then Calibre gave me the same message Dr. Drib received. Unplugged the device and it slowly went through processing the content, finally finished and it said my library was empty. The books are all still there, but the Kobo just isn't picking them up.

I always disconnect from within Calibre using the "eject" button, I never have more than one USB device connected at a time, never multiples.

It seems to no longer have my network password either, which is a PITA to enter...

Edit: Is there a file where your network information, including the password, is saved so that you could just copy it back to the reader when it vanishes again?

Last edited by Ripplinger; 05-15-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote