View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo Freezing After Update

I just purchased a Kobo Glo today, and no matter how I set it up, the reader freezes after the automatic update. It seems to happen whenever I try to access the Wi-Fi.

When I first tried to set it up, I used wireless only. I was able to connect to my home wi-fi with no problem, and after the reader downloaded the software update, rebooted and installed the update, I was sent back to the setup process, just as before. When I get to the wireless setup page, it freezes either while I'm entering my wireless password or after I choose "Join." I did a soft reset several times and tried again, but I always freeze at that point.

I did a factory reset and tried again, using the desktop software. I was able to sync all of my books through the desktop software, but it still froze when trying to access the wi-fi. At one point it froze when I was on page 5 of the welcome screens. It has also frozen in the table of contents of the first book I tried to open. (I believe, in that case, I closed out of the wi-fi setup after syncing my books through the desktop software.)

I've tried everything I can think of. I'm on a pretty routine system at home - a MacBook Pro and a Mac Airport. Again, I was able to access the wi-fi without a problem when I first started the setup process, before any update was done.

Any suggestions as to what I could try next?

Thanks -

Courtney
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote