View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Cannon View Post
Here's an example of some syncing weirdness that happened to me just the other day. I've been reading "In the Garden of Beasts" by Erik Larson. I was reading primarily on the Touch, connected to Wi-Fi. Picking up my iPad, it would sync to the most recent page that I'd been reading about half the time. About 3/4 of the time, after reading on the iPad, the Touch would recognize that I had read to a new page.

As if that weren't enough, a couple of days later I opened up the iPhone app and opened the book. It was on the first page of the book, even though I was halfway through on the iPad and Touch. I exited the app and opened the book on the iPad... which then opened to the first page of the book! It had synced the very first page of the book as my last page read.
The latter makes sense, albeit not the desired behaviour. When you closed the app on iPhone it sent up a cloud bookmark of the current location (first page), then when you open it on the iPad it will have obtained the bookmarks from the server, which would have been pointing to page one, hence why you were on page one when you opened the book on iPad.

As mentioned, when the new version is released, have a look and see if things are improved for you, and let me know (send me a private message) and I'll look into it for you.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote