View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #46
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, I think that if a candidate makes family values a part of his or her campaign, then when that candidate does something that shows they don't live their values, then they deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. However, if a family member does something that is outside the values of the candidate, then it should still be off limits. I have had embarrassing moments with both my kids, but I don't have control over them.
I agree. I've told my oldest daughter, my youngest is far too young, that abstinence is the only 100% effective birth control. Let's face it, an unplanned pregnancy is much more life altering for the woman than the man. As a parent, I have done all that I can by promoting my position and hoping that she will heed my advice. If she chooses to ignore this statistic, all I can do is support and advise her in the next decisions that she will have to make and give her all the love she needs. It is my opinion that is what the Palin family did. For a further point of clarification, the Palin daughter was 18. When I was 18, I was headstrong and opinionated but lacked the wisdom and experience that I've gained in the last few decades of life. I have since apologized profusely to my mother and father for many of the mistakes that I made in my inexperienced youth (at least for those they know about ). I would have been completely unequiped to handle an unplanned pregnancy.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote