View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #57
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
You are making too many assumptions. The main reason why I think that Amazon Kindle costs considerably more than it is sold is due to the fact that all other equivalent e-ink devices cost considerably more. It doesn't make sense in market. Of course, there are some devices backed by large companies which have equal price but most likely they are playing the same game. All independent devices usually cost twice as much although they are not even that good.

Amazon is also know to be very generous replacing broken Kindles, in some case even when it is clear that the owner was at fault, like cracked screen. So, why they taking such extreme measures now?

I have bought and given 5 or 6 Kindles as a gift to different persons already. They all actively use it but they never buy content from Amazon. In fact, Kindle is the most popular reader in Latvia. Amazon surely must have statistics of what is going on. And if they have no plans to enter LV (or similarly NL) market, then naturally they would stop being so generous with warranty requests from non-profitable market. Just don't expect them to admit it publicly.
"The main reason why I think that Amazon Kindle costs considerably more than it is sold is due to the fact that all other equivalent e-ink devices cost considerably more."
"Of course, there are some devices backed by large companies which have equal price but most likely they are playing the same game."

I like your logic: it is only a contradiction in terms, but who cares ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote