View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
But Amazon also does not have a policy for replacing Fire batteries, so I assume they are disposable too.
For the Fire, see:

"Two years down the line – when the battery decides to go kaput – it will be significantly easier to replace the battery in the Kindle Fire than its Apple competitor."

I don't expect these devices to be easy to fix. And I don't expect the manufacturer to provide repair instructions. I do expect it to be possible to fix common problems seen in gentle use.

As far as I can tell, the Kindle 4 NT is unique among eReaders in that it is glued together so that taking it apart destroys it. Hopefully this will not start a trend.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote