View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #23
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Over the years, I have never, ever written in a book that I was reading. Way back when I was in school, I simply wrote notes in a spiral notebook. More recently, I had note cards and wrote the notes with a book and page notation.

These days, many e-readers allow you to anoint and copy those notes up to your computer. For example, with Kindle on the iPad you can highlight a passage and create an associated note, or bookmark a page. You can then access the annotations via your browser and cut and paste to which ever program you wish. On my mac, I use Yojimbo to hold various bits of info like that. On a windows device I use OneNote (I have an older copy that doesn't upload to the cloud). You could also use evernote.
That is pretty different from what I'm used to, because I have always scribbled books in either pencil marks and underlines while I would also use colored highlighters. I always believed it will be stored easily in my brain if I do so. Nowadays I use Evernote because I always liked its sleek design.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote