View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
K_Dua
K_Dua began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks P4FMobile.. I had gone through their Papyrus ereader before..a couple of times.. but its no better than the competition.. (also not Pearl eink ) and its an 8" screen..

As to their tablet is concerned.. .... well.... i've been all over the Adam tablet (Notion Ink) since December 2009!.. and... i was really .. really close to getting it. they were the 1st using Pixel Qi tech.
I talked to this guy here in Portugal who was able to get one on the 1st pre-order.. and i was put off a little bit, too. Its not that its not great.. Its just that i'll spend €1000 on the Asus Slate ep121 (thats a real! computer) a couple of months from now.. and i wont need a similar screen.

The issue here is really getting my eyes off these screens for as much time as i can.
Battery life is important .. specially because the Asus Slate will go for 4hours tops!.. but i couldnt care less for more than a couple of days.. per charge, on an eink device.

I read a lot on screen , i research a lot.. and i mix music a lot as well.. so sometimes there are days that i spend like.. 13..14hours looking at a screen..

What i need is a eink device that will allow me to get my eyes off these screens here.. and my ass off this chair at my office/studio hehehe.. , and just work with a capable eink device. *

=X=

i've actually played for a couple of minutes with a Samsung 7" this past weekend at a store here.. and it was pretty nice. Still the initial idea was always an eink device.. Going with a 6" like the Nook..is just a buying-time idea.. while there are no solid 9"plus .. ereaders.. (and 'improvising' an eink web-browsing "small-tablet") .

Plus.. if i go with a 7" screen... i'll get a Sony Daily E. 950.. which is .. for me the most solid eink reader out there.. of them all !!
(its just that it is a 7"... lol .. and Sony might be launching a new ereader model soon)
Hell... i wouldnt mind paying $500 for a 10" one similar to the Sony.. Just as long as it would DO the job, u know.

Anyway.... thanks for all the input. much appreciate it.
The search goes on

* I believe i really need to let the market catch up with my expectations & anticipation...
K_Dua is offline   Reply With Quote