View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #46
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I wonder if anybody else would be interested in a literary book club here? I've joined the general book club and it's very good, but the picks vary widely and can sometimes be decidedly non-"literary" (which there is nothing wrong with - reading is for entertainment as much as for anything else).

But I would love to have a monthly selection always based on "literature" (a subjective word for sure, but I think we could manage) and have a monthly discussion around it.

During the months when the general book club tackles "literature" (such as the "classics" months) this one could be put on hold to join the other. Or, this one could be every month too.

It could be set up in a similar way as the general book club here with monthly categories and nominations and such.

If there is interest, I would be willing to organise it (in a different thread of course). Please let me know. I have messaged pilotbob (moderator and general book club runner) about the idea and he approves.

Last edited by sun surfer; 05-05-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: refinement
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote