View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #130
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
That warning is to be taken seriously. I tried installing the Kobo Touch 2.3.2 Firmware on my touch yesterday - which completely bricked the device. Not only would it no longer start (and not even refresh the screen while starting), it also prooved completely impervious to factory resets (Home + Slider). I had to remove and restore the internal sd card to get it working again.

My Kobo was manufactured in the fall of 2012, so it is fairly new.

I ended up updating by using just the KoboRoot.tgz and skipping uboot and kernel updates.

Apparently the uboot and kernel updates in that Firmware are not targeted at the newer Kobo Touch devices. I suppose I could try Glo update, but I am really just happy my KT is working again.
Thanks for the extra warning and glad you got your Touch working again! Sounds like the Glo firmware is what your Touch wants.

How do you know your Touch was manufactured in autumn 2012? It would be great to know how to find out if someone has a "new" or an "old" Touch to know which firmware they should use. (Eg. buying a new Touch after the Glo's release could also be an old Touch from old stock.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote