Thread: MobileRead June 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I sometimes get a bit embarrassed that I make decisions based on book length. I think the reality is now that so many books are competing for my time that I try to allow the most chance for completing most of those books.

And although I won't necessarily dodge a big book (I have Anathem and Wise Man's Fear coming up before the end of the year), I will consider how I distribute them in my reading list. So for the reading club, which often brings up books that are not in my immediate reading plans, I will be more likely to balk at the bigger books. I also ditched Anna Karenina for one of the book clubs for a similar reason even though I would definitely like to read Tolstoy at some stage.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote