View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
Mr.Toad
Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mr.Toad can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When I noticed an issue similar to what you are mentioning, it was with font that were quite light weight. Looking very closely at the display, you could see the remnants of the previous text. Using either JSWolf's Charis Sil Modified Larger or DejaVu Serif, the issue is still there but the heavier font weight seems to reduce it's visibility. I'd be tempted to refer to Charis SIL Modified as being close to a semi-bold weight.

One of the items I seem to remember Jon mentioning was that Charis SIL Modified Larger was intended to match the weight and size of the Kindle fonts.

One experiment to try is to double tap the center of the page to see if this clears up the font issue by forcing a page refresh (the write white, write black, write white, write page step).

Regards,
David
Yes, the double tap at the centre does clear up the problem.

I find that both Charis SIL (not the modified version which is too heavy for me) and DejaVu Serif work fairly well without refreshes; also Delima.

I think the effect is still present with these fonts, but less noticeable.
Mr.Toad is offline   Reply With Quote