View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #21
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
I have started Revise the World by Brenda Clough yesterday and I am enjoying it tremendously. It's about a member of a 1912 polar expedition who gets rescued by time travelers coming from 2045. They take him to the future and he has to adapt to everything that has changed - and we all know there's a lot of it.

I also second the recommendations for Connie Willis's Oxford time travel books and for Replay by Ken Grimwood.

Other time travel books I have enjoyed:

Time Travelers Never Die by Jack McDevitt, The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers and Kage Baker's Company series about time traveling cyborgs who rescue artifacts from the past. It starts with In the Garden of Iden. The whole series is now available in ebook format, and DRM free since Tor is the publisher.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote