View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
William Ockham
Enthusiast
William Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Ok, this one has me stumped. I deconstructed and recompiled the epub, then regenerated the .mobi file several times.

The stylesheet is done correctly. The font file is there. It has all the glyphs needed. I even changed the embedding rights to 0 (all) just to make sure that wasn't the issue (I don't think the Kindle pays attention to the font licensing bits in a font file, but I wanted to be sure).

The stylesheet is being processed (because the small caps attribute is actually working, even if the font isn't). I wonder if there is something about the process used for subsetting that is making the Kindle software reject the font. I've used subsetted fonts before and they've worked.
William Ockham is offline   Reply With Quote