View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by storax View Post
This comment has piqued my curiosity. I can see where fallback styles would be useful for the difference between FLOAT-able and non-FLOAT-able readers, but don't understand why the ppi differences would need fallbacks.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to set the width of the image in percent?

DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried this yet; just thinking off the top of my head. ALL of my experience is with websites. In other words, a handy collection of misconceptions with which to begin.
You cannot set image sizes in percentages for K7. You have to set it in actual pixels. If you endeavor to set an image size in percentages in K7, it will simply try to blow the image up to full-screen size, with less-than-gratifying results.

Websites and ebooks are two completely different things; websites have a freedom that ebooks really, really, really don't. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote