View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Sorry to be late to this thread, but in my experience the Kobo does support embedded fonts in epub files. Jane Fancher and several of her elves (myself included) spent considerable time making sure they worked on several epub readers. I could post pictures - if I have to.

Part of the confusion may stem from the fact that Kobo's proprietary sqlite format supports neither embedded fonts not illustrations - a failure they have remedied in the new wifi Kobo format, apparently.
Can you post the CSS so I can take a look at your code? Someone in another thread says it only works if the fonts are in the root of the ePub. But that means that most ePub with embedded fonts won't work as they are in a fonts subdirectory.

If you still have access to a Kobo, please try Zelda's version of Three Men in a Boat and see that the embedded font(s) do not display.

I did try some ePub with embedded fonts that display fine on ADE for Windows and on Sony Readers but not on the Kobo or Kobo wifi. All I got was whatever font was set in the settings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote