View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As an ereader, I don't see myself getting an Ipad at this point because I enjoy reading off an e-ink display compared to a back-lit device. I haven't seen the Ipad first hand but I like the size and weight of current ereaders. I can read it with one hand like holding a book.

I would considered getting the Ipad as a tablet device but I'm not sure how well it functions in that regards. I believe the cheapest model is $499, so I would have to think about netbooks that are sold at that price. Would I get more bang for the buck with a netbook or this Ipad. I also see the Ipad coming out with a lot of accessories and docks and I think the final cost of the unit might be hefty.

I doubt I'll be getting one after the "new toy" feeling subsides.

Last edited by MerLock; 01-27-2010 at 04:05 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote