View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
sparkle-pires

I have to admit that the first time I saw those vampires you refer to, day walking and sparkling, I had a real resistance. But the difference for me is that the paradigm is maintained and holds up throughout that particular world. The rules of their existence among humans was explained and the world was pretty cohesive. That's what is, for me, missing with Carmilla. I don't feel that LeFanu justified his world within the story.

But maybe the critique that fantasyfan mentions would help explain things.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote