View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The problem is, that eink website seems to use the "E Ink Pearl Active Matrix Display" as a generic term relating to the Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo and the Kindle Paperwhite. Are they all really using the same screens, it seems unlikely, as why would Kobo list the screens on the Glo and Mini differently?

SameerH from Kobo stated that figure too in his post here, and I've read some posts discussing the Kindle Touch and how the firmware for it has support for the features of the new Kindle Paperwhite including "1024x758, 212 dpi display". I haven't a clue if it's a typo or if it's correct and people are just 'fixing' it to the standard 768. Does it really matter?
It is 758. eInk screens are cut from larger 'sheets' and the 'non-standardness' is due to 758 being a higher-yielding cut for eInk to make.

It's a bit confusing as we can see, but the bottom line is there are more pixels on the page leading to crisper and sharper text.

That in combination with all of our other Glo features: ComfortLight, TypeGenius and hand-tuned fonts, makes this the best eReader experience in the world in our opinion. But don't take my word for it
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote