View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I kind of liked Zinio when they first came out on my first TabletPC, but I found I had little time to browse magazines on my laptop. Later I just let the script die, not really sure why. Anyway, I think it is a good idea to port the idea to the iPod Touch/iPhone but I think it won't really take off unless there's some type of off-line mode you can cue in. I don't really see myself chilling at my home surfing the web on my iPod Touch when I can use my laptop or much larger HTPC to browse the Internet, then there's the problem of what to do when you're travelling and there's no wifi point available to pass time reading the latest mags on a pretty darn small screen. Hmm, guess time will tell. I'll probably give them a whirl to see how things look, but w/o the option of off-line viewing, my curiousity will die out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the cool link & work-around, first place I heard of it and I check Engadget a few times a day!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote