View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Softrooted nook & password protected Calibre server

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I got myself a new toy (nook) last week, and softrooted it.

I run a calibre content server on my PC that is accessable from the internet. Because of this, it is password protected.

The problem is that no matter what I try, I can't find a way to login to the server. I have tried the B&N web browser, the NookBrowser, Trook. None of these apps seem to allow me to enter a username and password, therefore giving me a 401 unauthorized access.

I have tried using the url http://<username>:<password>@<mydomain>:8080/ to no effect.

Does anyone know of a way of accessing a password protected calibre server from the nook? Or can give alternative suggestions of accessing my library over the internet on my nook?

Thanks.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote