View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
you are saying they are going to upload all of your books and steal them?

Dale
I am saying nothing of the sort. I am saying they have access to them and could if they wanted. That means my company would not allow me to put confidential information on the Kindle. I would be fired if they found out I did so. It is a violation of the security policy.

I also don't trust them not to tell the government what I read just like we all now realize we can't trust our telcos not to turn over our usage data without a warrant. You may think that's paranoid but with 750,000 people on the watch list, maybe it's not. Of course, just downloading a political book is probably just as risky so I doubt the Kindle is adding much to it.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote