View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
a simple epub/lit to mobi converter that isn't calibre?

converting from lit or epub to mobi in calibre continually and annoyingly messed with the formatting, when all i want is the exact same book as the original epub, just in mobi format.

eg. a few erikson books i dowloaded look great in calibre when reading the epub version but the converted mobi versions have odd page breaks and space deleted between lines where i dont want it (making it hard to see the new chapter break etc.)

i have been through the options but there doesn;t seem to be a way to stop calibre from editing the text in some way.

basically are they any simple free or paid programs (a small fee will be worth it considering all the epub books i plan on buying in the future) that will simply keep the book totally intact while simply converting the format. or is this not simply possible?

hope you can help
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote