View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
  • Has books I want to buy
  • Buying a book buys all formats, can download any format any time.
  • Book prices always (well) below paper prices
  • Notification of updated book files when typos are fixed
  • Passes a large fraction (two thirds or more) of the purchase price onto the publisher/author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Personally, I want the store to be laid out very simply. I want to be able to find what I want when I want. Pricing needs to be competetive, but isnt the number one factor. I dont want any gimmicks, rebates etc, just clear pricing. I'd like to talk to fellow shoppers or read their reviews on books to help me decide what to buy. I also want excellent customer service to help me resolve any issues.
Forums like this one would be great for helping to organise bookclubs and general chat. Being able to post a detailed profile would also be great.
It sounds like you want webscription.net. Simple Layout, Straightforward pricing, Baen's bar for chatting. Arnold's very responsive to email.

But although webscription.net is beginning to branch out beyond Baen's offerings, it's still all SF/Fantasy, so unless that's what you like it doesn't help you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote