View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #60
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I think the type of no work elsewhere contracts we get here in Canada, even for professionals, refer only to work in the same industry. For instance, if I want to tutor any students from my school, I have to either go through the school's own tutoring program (and make less money per hour since they take a cut) or get special permission. I even remember getting babysitting work from one of the families during the summer when school wasn't in session and having to clear it with the principal first!

With that said, I don't think the principal of my school would care if I spent the weekend writing romance novels or something, unless I was doing work for it during school time or on school machines. I mean, we even have politicians here who work in government but who own property or have family businesses from their prior career or something. Our mayor made much of his fortune on a family-owned furniture store. As long as he does not act in a way as mayor that gives his family business preferential treatment (there are rules for this and they are enforced by a watchdog) he can do what he wants.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote