View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #53
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
For me it's not so much SONY's 300KB file size limit that cause me concern, itt's the failed expectation that as long as I have an ePUB file I can read it on any ePUB device.
It is certainly a failure on Adobe's part that they will add their DRM to an ePub which isn't readable by their own mobile Adobe Digital Editions.

For DRM-free ePubs the situation is a bit different. Anyone can call their ebook an ePub, and there will be "standard conforming" ePubs that don't display on all devices. On the other hand, Calibre has demonstrated that a desktop-based format shifter can customize an ePub for a given device and Savory on the Kindle 2 is an indication that the same could be done on handheld devices directly.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote