View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M View Post
I have used the epub conversion method to get the cover thumbnails to display and it has worked great. However, I am still having problems getting the thumbnails to show for pdf files. Has anyone been able to get the cover thumbnails to show up for pdfs? I can get them to show up if I convert the pdf to epub, but that conversion isn't very clean and it almost unusable. I want to keep it in pdf format but see the cover thumbs. Please help if you have figured this out.
Calibre cannot update covers in PDF files without doing a conversion, and as you have found converting PDF files often makes the results unusable.

To do what you want you will have to use a tool that is capable of editing PDF files directly. This is not something I do myself, so I am not sure what options are available in this arena.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote